My July column for Mediatel’s Newsline focuses on 3DTV in the wake of BBC and ESPN both putting their development on hold. Technologists are blaming problems with the execution, the nerdy spectacles and the economy. But could the problem be that people didn’t really want it in the first place? And what do The Rolling Stones, Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory and Blade Runner have to do with it? Here’s the article. The 46 second video above, which opens OMD’s recent highly recommended English Electric album works as a nice intro to the piece.
Coming to Nice, FranceThe asi International Radio & Television ConferencesNovember 8th, 20173 months to go.
Stop Press – Recent News
Search this site:
- For any fans of Brian Pern out there - not sure who this fictional 'Simon Day' character is though... billetto.co.uk/e/simon-day-in…Posted: 4 hours ago
- RT @TheDailyShow: 👈👈 🙌🙌 🤝🤝 👌👌 😗😗 👋👋 https://t.co/pA7ghzB14oPosted: 1 day ago
- Just bought tickets for the Arcade Fire in April 2018. I am gambling that the world as we know it will still be around then.Posted: 1 day ago
- #Harkive Day ends with 'Jelly Pop Perky Jean' by the Archdrude Julian Cope, randomly served by Spotify but gratefu… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Posted: 1 day ago
- It's a wrap! Protest Songs Day 10: Disposable Heroes, The Who, King Crimson, Marley, XTC & Archie Roach… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Posted: 1 day ago
Content Cloud2013 Advertising Amazon apple ASI asiCast audience measurement audience research Award awards BAFTA BARB Battlestar Galactica BBC Big Data conference connected Connected Consumer Connected TV Currency data Digital Doctor Who ESPN Facebook Fusion Future GFK Google Helsinki Internet IPA IPSOS itunes ITV Kantar Mad Men Media media research Mediatel MRG newspapers Newsworks NRS OMD Online online video Panel Peoplemeters predictions Print radio RAJAR research Research Awards RPD screens Singapore SKO Sky Sky IQ Social TV SocialTV Speaking Spotify Television thinkbox Timeshift TV TV ratings Twin Peaks Twitter video Videonet vinyl
The Richardmlive Blog